Team Lead PHP Developer
Do you love working with computers? Would you like to be part of the develop team of an up and coming organization?
First Mileprovides shipping and logistics services to eCommerce customers located in over25 states, has been in business for 5 years, and is one of the fastest growingCompanies in Utah. They are seeking a talented and dedicated Senior SoftwareEngineer to join the team. This position will work as a key member of our smalldevelopment team and will have primary responsibility over development of theCompany’s custom billing platform and logistics routing software. This positionis located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The ideal candidate will have 4-8years of professional experience programming PHP applications. We are lookingfor an enthusiastic, friendly person who values small company culture andteamwork. This person should be a self-starter and be forward thinking. First Mileis paying a competitive package, is a very entrepreneurial environment and thisposition will work directly with the executive team.
· Plan, Design and Develop software solutions to fulfilrequirements within stringent timelines.
· Work with internal teams to understand needs to ensure proposedsolution caters to same
· Manage and deliver projects on time
· Maintain high design and software coding standards
· Develop efficient application business logic.
· Accept changing requirements with ability and be nimble
· Design and manage optimized databases.
· Implement Unit tests and Functional tests to ascertain highest quality of deliverables.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, fluent in English
· 6+ years of technology experience
· 3+ years managing development projects
· Excellent Knowledge of Software Cycles
· Excellent problem-solving abilities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong leadership experience, proven ability to motivate a team
· Capable of developing business-critical software which involvesflexibility and high productivity
· Extensive experience with the LAMP stack
· Experience working in Yii Framework is a plus
· Excellent Debugging skills
· Excellent API integration skills
· Experienced implementing and customizing Content ManagementSystems
· Experienced with Functional Programming, OO Design Principlesand Patterns
· Experience with managing source code
· Experience with building and deploying mobile apps, for both iOSand Android platforms
· Experience with at least one other programming language such asRuby, Java, or python is a plus
What's in It for You:
· Competitive Compensation
· Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
· 401 (K) with company match
· Generous Paid time off (PTO)
· Life Insurance coverage
· Unique opportunity to play a key role!
First Mile is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genderidentity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.